[Healeys] BJ8 Driving Lamp Bracket Design - Update1

Robert Blair rnbmail at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 26 11:58:00 MST 2009

Listers, A note of clarification - my lamps are Bosch 7 inch that allow for a
vertical hole fitting rather than the normal horizontal fitting - it has a 90
deg swivel on the lamp stem - rather nice feature.  I am using the horizontal
stem position as that hides the fitting nut behind the bracket.
If you are going to mount a vertical stem [bolt] lamp such as the Lucas 700 7
inch, then you would need to make a second bend in the bracket above the
valence [bracket 2 in my dwg] so that the lamp mount hole is brought to
horizontal, and not vertical as in my dwg as sent to you all - which is for
the Bosch lamp mounted with the stem [bolt] in the horizontal position.
I am going to do a 3D dwg to show the install and will do so for both vertical
and horizontal fittings.
What a hassle just to add a couple of lamps ....

Robert N. Blair  Yellow 65BJ8  rnbmail at yahoo.com