[Healeys] My BN1M signature.

Mr. Bill bn1 at pacbell.net
Sat Oct 24 19:34:38 MDT 2009

Michael,

Actually IIRC this List had the same discussion in 2005 or 6.  I know
for certain that you and I did on 1-24-2008.  When did I ever say I
wanted to make it into a "true M"?  Mine is a driver, not Concours, and
with the modifications I have made, will outperform any "true M".  You
were at Conclave, San Diego last year and saw my car, driven by John
Nikas (since I am still temporarily in my wheelchair), win the long
Gymkhana course in the 100 class.  I even have a couple more
"improvements" planned before Red Car goes to Rendezvous in Eugene, OR
next June.  My modifications are very well hidden and I love my 3-speed
o/d in contrast to your Smitty Toyota  with BJ8 clutch.

After the recent thread about the LeMans 24 headlights, I think I will
use them as well.  I agree with my Nasty Boy friend that they do look
really cool.

And then you say:  "but I prefer to designate it a 100 Lemans."  Maybe
we should first decide if that should be spelled Lemans, as you do now,
or LeMans per an 11-28-08 email of yours or even Le Mans as you did
1-24-08 to me.  You say tomAto and I say toma(h)to.   I mean, does
anybody REALLY care?  I don't and I doubt if the List does either.

Also at Conclave 2008 my car was awarded First Place - Modified Healey.
I have no idea why I was separated into that class.  I didn't request it
and you'd have to ask the Car Show Committee for an explanation.  Did
they have a premonition that your hackles would be rankled and this
discussion would take place?  In the future, Michael, perhaps when you
see my BN1M signature, you should just think of it as meaning "Modified".

At least, thank God, you don't call it a 100/4. :-)

Bill