[Healeys] Lucas LeMans headlights.

Mr. Bill bn1 at pacbell.net
Tue Oct 20 22:41:33 MDT 2009

The following is from a friend with a Nasty Boy who is not on the List.
Would they be acceptable as a period modification?  Whether or not they
are legal in CA is not an issue.  With all the "blinders" out there
today not getting stopped, who's going to pull over a Healey on the way
to an early morning car show?  Anybody have any experience with lights
of this type?

   On the way there I noticed how pitiful the headlights are on my "
Lemans-ter " or should that be " Le'monster ".  I noticed some Lucas
Lemans 24 headlamps online and don't know much about them.  Are they
period correct for 100's?  They take the prefocused bulb at 65w / 55w
for Hi / Lo beam.  They are the correct 7 inch left hand drive.

     They would have to be better than what I have now and they would
look cool.

Here is the link:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-13094197933259_2077_416912

TIA,