[Healeys] Battery suggestion

pennell at cox.net pennell at cox.net
Tue Oct 20 18:44:24 MDT 2009

David,

I cannot beat 19 years (unvelievable) or even 10 years.  I just this week replace the battery in my BN7 (12 volter not two 6 volters).  It was just over 8 years old and a bottom of the line lead/acid battery from Pep Boys.  Prostart is the model and it was a series 26R.  Never used a trickle charger or anything.  I think it has served me quite well - no complaints.

I paid $49 for it in 2001 and have been quite happy with it.  The recent replacement was $65.  As someone else has said be ready for sticker shock.  I did not expect quite 65.

Keith Pennell