[Healeys] Trany Noise Question

Mark LaPierre lapierrem at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 20 18:20:37 MDT 2009

This is no doubt a very tough question to answer but any ideas would be
appreciated.

Rebuilt, 28% O/D transmission.   Everything works well,   However.

I am getting a noticeable clunk, clunk, clunk coming from the O/D unit as I am
test
driving the car with the trany tunnel off.    I can put my hand on the O/D
unit and feel
the noise as I am driving.   I hear/feel the noise in all gears and when in
neutral and
when the O/D is engaged or not engaged.

The noise starts at about 20 to 25 MPH and gets more rapid as the speed
increases.
I removed the speedo cable, still have the noise.    I removed the speedo
cable drive
pinion from the O/D unit and capped it off,  still had the noise.

I haven't totally cancelled out the new U-joint but it sure feels like its
coming from the OD unit.

Got anything gentlemen?

Thanks,,   Mark