[Healeys] 100-Six Protoype for sale!?! 70,000 pounds

Patrick and Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Tue Oct 20 15:40:43 MDT 2009

G'day Derek

I am familiar with the car as the owner has corresponded with me over the
last few years. He has sent me lots of photos and asked for information
about my car.

Honestly we do not know the number of BN3s built. What we do know is that
mine is BN3/1 and the car owned by Julian Aubanal is BN3/4. Logic tells us
therefore that there must be a BN3/2 and BN3/3. However some things will
always defy logic.

I have letters from both Geoff and Brian Healey about my car and Julian's.

We also know that OAC 1 is very similar in its construction to mine, except
for the coupe body. Perhaps that's BN3/2 or BN3/3?

My personal opinion about the car for sale? It certainly spent some time at
the BMC experimental department and who knows what happened there? Whether
it spent any time at the DHMC? I doubt it, but who knows.

The portholes in the front guards???? More Buick than Silverstone. The two
types in the Silverstone are far more discreet.

Perhaps we will know with the passage of time.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia