[Healeys] Healey wood

Patrick and Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Tue Oct 20 15:23:25 MDT 2009

G'day

An excellent response from David Nock. I honestly think everyone glorifies
Austin-Healeys and those who made them. For wood that is not seen in an
Austin-Healey I would suggest they used whatever was available - tree wood.

Why would they go to the expense of ash or beech to make slats that go under
the seats or for door panels when they had perfectly good reusable packing
crates that could be cut up?

The exception of course is the timber dash in the BJ8.

By the way real Healeys are mostly timber framed in ash except for the
Silverstone and 3-litre convertible which is alloy over steel.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia