[Healeys] Shoulder Belt Source

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Mon Oct 19 08:03:43 MDT 2009

As in other rag tops the usual place for the reel is on an fabricated
bracket low down on the rear wheel well and the slider on the top of the
rear wheel well. In both locations proper reinforments like spreader
plates have to made up. Have a good look in late MGB, Triumph TR6,
Jensen Healey, Triumph Spitfire, MG Midget, Mazda MX5 etc.
Make sure that the position of the buckle is no higher than the seat
squab and that the lapbelt is positioned over the thighs/low on the hip
bones and never over the abdomen.
In my Jensen Healey the original buckle is placed dangerously high. I
have replaced the seatbelts with items with very short buckle
cable/strap. I think they are from a MINI.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL