[Healeys] Sebring 3000 UJB140 on eBay

Joe and Lenore Armour sebring at illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Sun Oct 18 05:14:09 MDT 2009

Alan Seigrist wrote:

>Is it just me, or do the Girling disc calipers seem to have dual pot on the
>outside of the caliper, but single pot on the inside of the caliper?  Would
>there be a reason for this?
>Alan
>
>From  my limited knowledge plus  having several sets in 'the shed. ' I
believe that on the rear the two pistons went to the outside to allow
for a lower profile to provide clearance to enable disc. wheels to be
fitted to cars such as Fiat 2300S. These calipers were marked 'made in
Italy under license from Girling'.

The original works sets were a single piston each side I believe. At
least mine are.

The one + one calipers were also fitted to the original Lotus Elites,
although the piston sizes were different to Healey ones - more weight
more piston force!  Lotus had inboard brakes on the rear.

I was collecting the left overs from a shed that had had a Healey
Westland stored for many many years. It was quite a surprise when the
pile of Fiat bits contained Healey related Girling brakes with the
attached handbrake mechanism.

Joe