[Healeys] BJ8 Turn signal mechanism question

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Sat Oct 17 02:04:50 MDT 2009

My theory is that this is to allow a good fit between this and the
cancelling ring gap where it drives the ring around. The manufacturing
tolerance on this gap is quite wide.

I am not sure if it matters but I adjust the arm width by carefully
opening or closing the slit until it is a snug fit in the cancelling
ring gap. The slit allows me to do this by either prising it open or
squeezing it in a vice.

Maybe the arm should be adjusted to be a little oversize so that when it
is pushed in it is tight? Any thoughts?

Regards

--
John Harper