[Healeys] BJ8 Turn signal mechanism question

John Sims ahbn6 at verizon.net
Fri Oct 16 16:57:27 MDT 2009

Go to:

http://www.healey6.com/Technical/Trafficator%20Repairs.pdf

You should find the answer there.

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

http://www.healey6.com

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-bounces at autox.team.net [mailto:healeys-bounces at autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Weston Keyes
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2009 5:50 PM
To: Ahealey Ahealey
Subject: [Healeys] BJ8 Turn signal mechanism question

Hello Folks,

     I inherited a box of parts that once was a working turn signal
mechanism.(Non adjustable steering) I have put it back together and seem to
have everything except a part that must turn with the steering wheel to spin
the canceling ring. I have a part that looks like
a ring with a fork in it. It is pot metal. It effectively resets the turn
signal once it rotates the opposite way one is turning. I just  can't figure
out what turns it. The parts manual has two un-numbered parts between part
numbers 34 and 35 on plate N5 of the parts manual. Those may be the ones I
missing but I can't figure out how they would attach to the steering wheel.

Any clues??

Many thanks

Wes Keyes
York, Maine