[Healeys] Arizona Hundred

Patrick and Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Fri Oct 16 04:07:07 MDT 2009

G'day

If anyone is interested in the connection between Austin and Nissan there is
an article at:

http://www.acmefluid.com.au/larry/austinnissan.html

I wrote it a few years back. I will say that there is a question of the
extent of involvement of Albrecht Goertz in the design of the Datsun 240Z.

There is a strong connection between Austin and Nissan, to such an extent
that Nissan was making Austins under licence.

The Nissan straight-six was not derived from any Austin engine, but from the
Prince engine that first saw light of day in the Prince Skyline GT. Nissan
later purchased Prince and developed the engine for the 240Z.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia