[Healeys] Rocker arm bushing oil holes

Michael Salter msalter at precisionsportscar.com
Thu Oct 15 19:13:03 MDT 2009

I don't know how others do it but this is my procedure.
First orient the bush with the oil grove correctly positioned i.e. check the
originals that you are replacing. The groove is longer than 180 degrees so
must be the correct way around with the ungrooved section at the top.
There are 2 holes in the bush. One feeds oil to the adjuster ball and the
other goes to the spray jet. The hole to the adjuster is at one end of the
bush groove, this must be drilled before the bush is installed.
I do this with a 1/8" drill after center punching its location on the
outside of the bush; it's position is not very critical as long as it lines
up with the drilling in the rocker when the bush is pressed in.
I then press the bush in then mount the rocker in a drill press vice and
drill the second hole in the bush (1/16" dia as I recall) by drilling down
through the spray jet from the top.
Once that is done I have a reamer and mounting jig to ream them to size on
my lathe.
I can do a set in about 3 hours...Be careful not to break off the 1/16"
drill in the rocker :-(
Easy as cake...piece of pie!!

Michael Salter
http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=445