[Healeys] Coolest Cars

Michael Salter msalter at precisionsportscar.com
Wed Oct 14 18:50:42 MDT 2009

I used to own a 1959 DS19 way back..The tyre changing system was not quite a
built in jack. The idea was that you raised the hydro/pneumatic suspension
all the way up then fitted a little stand (like and axle stand) under the
center of the rocker panel of the side that you wanted to lift. You then
lowered the suspension all the way down and the 2 wheels on the selected
side rose off the ground under the influence of the anti roll bars. It
worked like a charm!!
A car that had built in hydraulic jacks was the Austin 16, a predecessor, in
terms of engine, of the Austin Healey 100.

Michael Salter
http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=445