[Healeys] Fw: Texas Kooler

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 11 11:25:38 MDT 2009

I can attest to the fact that ambient temperature is a factor.  I acquired
my BJ8 while stationed at RAF Bentwaters in England.  For a while, I removed
the fan from by car and was able to drive without any fan(s) and without
overheating problems as long as I could attain 40 MPH or so. That was easy
to do around the Ipswich area.  Minimal traffic and cool weather.  Not so in
the Sacramento Valley here in California.  Tried it for one day.  It
overheated at any and all speeds.  I tried an electric fan alone and that
was unsuccessful, also.  I am currently using a Hayden seven bladed flex fan
along with a thermostatically controlled electric fan.

The theory I heard at the time was that a fan consumes about 10 HP.  In the
process, I discovered how much noise a fan makes.  Take it off for a while
then put it back on.  You might be amazed.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031