[Healeys] mgtf

WILLIAM B LAWRENCE ynotink at msn.com
Sat Oct 10 18:52:56 MDT 2009

The black material on the garage door is soot from the exhaust system. Think
of it as sequestered carbon. (My aren't we green?) The initial blast of hot
moist gases from the combustion chambers mixes with some of the dry soot and
spits it out. I finally learned to open the garage door before I start my 100.
A little simple green will clean it off. I've also noticed that as I've
learned to tune the engine a little more precisely (if you can call it that)
there is less soot and more power.
Bill Lawrence

> Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 17:04:46 -0700
> From: palmbeachderm at yahoo.com
> To: healeys at autox.team.net
> Subject: [Healeys] mgtf
>
> i'm on this site because i have a 67 healey 3000 but just got an mgtf and am
curious if there is a similar site for mg's. also maybe someon e can tell me
why black material is spit out of the tail pipe whern i start the engine. it
doesn't smoke and only last a few seconds, but sure makes a mess on the garage
floor. there is a hose coming off of the valve cover going to the carburators
in the ev ent that might explain something
> thanks for whatrever help someone can give me

which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any
action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. Because e-mail
can be altered electronically, the integrity of this communication cannot be
guaranteed.