[Healeys] SOS 09 the Erection today and tomorrow...

Wm. Severin Thompson wmseverin at charter.net
Sat Oct 10 05:45:36 MDT 2009

"SOS '09 the Erection" will take place this Saturday and Sunday in
Princeton, WI. Among many other things, we'll be erecting a MaxJax lift in
the shop.

http://www.maxjaxusa.com/ (You have a filthy mind.)

In years past we've had "SOS Idgets with Spridgets", and "SOS The Winter of
Our Discontent", amongst other themes. SOS stand for "Save Our Sprites" or
"Save our Spirdgets" Basically, like minded Austin Healey Spite and MG
Midget owners descend on my shop over a 2-3 day period and work on,
assemble, dismantle, tune cars. Often it's been a couple of cars that an
owner couldn't finish by himself, or lacked the tools or skills to complete.
We gather up in teams depending on the number of projects, and get to it.
This year, my own projects... move to a new shop, has gotten the attention.

"SOS" is an offshoot of "OSHIT", (Organized Sprite Handymen In Transit",
which started out on the East Coast. We've had people fly in or drive great
distances to attend. We've had as many as 20 attendees each day, although
this event will be smaller. usually we hold SOS the Fri. & Sat. after
Thanksgiving.

The event will be broadcast via Yahoo Messenger in real time, with the
ability for the viewing audience to watch via webcam speak to us in real
time. To view the broadcast, add "floundervision" to your contact list on
Yahoo Messenger. You'll be invited to a conference Sat & Sun.If you have a
mic, you can speak to us. Please do not ask us to view your camera... but
you're welcome to view ours.

If you'd like to attend in person, please contact me offline for directions.

WST