[Healeys] conversion 100/6 engine ---> 3000 engine

Eric Frenken lists at brits-n-pieces.com
Tue Oct 6 10:30:10 MDT 2009

Thank you all for the quantitative and qualitative rich replies to my
initial question. Again, I've learned a lot from you.

One question emerged while I was reading one post and remained still
unanswered to me. One person (don't know who it was) said that the
crankshaft is interchangeable. I now know that the cylinders on the 3000
block were siamesed while those on the 100/6 engine are evenly allotted over
the length of the block. My understanding is that the center of the big end
bearings have to be exactly in the center of the bores, which is not
possible with the same crankshaft on both blocks.

Eric