[Healeys] 100-6 Glazing technique

Alan Bromfield bluehealey at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 5 08:00:43 MDT 2009

Team.
Some guidance if you will.
I recall discussions in the past regarding how to fit the glass into the
frame on a 100-6.  Archive searches haven't revealed anything so I am
risking the wrath by asking for an update.

My frame has been re-chromed, the corner brackets have been cleaned and
replated and I have a full set of new countersunk screws.  It all goes
together nicely.  New glass and rubber glazing kit has been obtained so I am
about good to go.  My starter questions to kick things off:-
Do I cut the square 'packing' rubber into four seperate pieces or does it
wrap inside the channel and over the brackets in one piece?
Similarly, do I cut the flat glazing tape into 4 pieces with mitred corners
or should that be wrapped around in one piece, trimming the excess in the
corners as we go?
Finally I recall a tip in earlier threads that advised painting the rubber
with fuel after assembly to cause it to shrink before finally trimming of
the excess.  Is that correct a figment of my imagination?
Thanks all.