[Healeys] Garage and workshop design

Patrick Yoas pyoas at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 3 06:29:49 MDT 2009

A good Healey friend of mine cleaned his wirewheels in his "wifes" dishwasher
and was not caught until he did the last wheel. Learning from his mistake and
carefully weighing the consequences, I decided to do the same thing, after
all, my first wife complained about my going to the 25 cent car wash and
getting grease and crud all over my "hobby" jumpsuits and having to wash them
a few times a week. It only makes sense that if you have the tire off the rim
it's the right thing to do. Well, I had all 5 wheels, plus a 6th one that I
forgot about, and put each one in and selected the heavy duty "pots scrubber"
mode and went to it. I do reccommend a "degreaser" before putting the wheels
in(one at a time). Also, the spotless rinse free cycle works great on chrome
wheels(so I've been told).
I was happy with my results of all five wheels when she came home and
discovered the 6th wheel, which I forgot about(lost count). Silent reatments
are deadly to the Healey budget!!

Co-existing in a two car garage:
Happily married to my second wife and although the new dishwasher is
superpowerfull as compared to the previous one of several years before, I do
not push the issue of using the dishwasher. I also did the garage FIRST with
her needs before taking care of Healey wish list. Second wife is great, even
helped me assemble the storage cabinets, etc. She has only one requirement and
that is her Honda is in the garage everynight. My Healey is undergoing a total
restoration(Jule frame up), and is on a dolly unit that I made that I can roll
the car to the middle of the garage and than back again when done working.
Second wife is in Europe right now and her Honda is parked outside the garage
and there's no way she'll know unless the neighbor(s) squeal..

As I get older, I get more(Healey $$),  by taking care of number one.
Always restore or update your garage first so you can work on your Healey in
an "organized" fashion. It'll save you time and money in the long run plus
you'll feel good about being organized.
Patrick