[Healeys] Removing brake lines from Aluminum wheel/master cylinders

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Oct 2 15:21:47 MDT 2009

1) soak with favorite penetrant (I like Kroil) for as long as your patience lasts
2) carefully try to break line fitting loose--USE FLARE WRENCH
3) carefully WARM (note: don't heat) the cylinder housing with propane torch (Al expands much faster than steel)
4) repeat steps 1-4

Be sure to use a flare wrench--buy one if you don't have one--you'll need it again.

bs

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA