[Healeys] travelling assistance in France

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Mon Nov 30 18:37:54 MST 2009

If things aren't firmed up with Paris maybe head South to the
Nice/Cannes/Antibes/Monaco area, better scenery, fewer crowds, better hotels
for less money, generally more friendly folk.  My wife and I visited both
areas about 10 years ago and much preferred the Sunny south of France to
Paris, although if you are only going once I suppose the Eiffel Tower,
Louvre etc. should probably be on the to do list.

If they don't understand English try talking louder and making exagerrated
hand gestures, it helps the American image oh so much.

Just kidding many know some little bit of English, but they don't always
seem happy about trying to converse in it.  If possible not a bad idea to
learn some basic conversational French, or at least add "ou est la sal de
bains" and  "Parlez-vous Anglais?"

Greg Lemon