[Healeys] BJ8 caliper conversion

Guy R Day grday at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 28 16:39:43 MST 2009

Providing you can lock the wheels (without putting your back out!) when you
press the brake pedal it doesn't matter whose or what type of brakes you
have (unless you need additional cooling for race purposes or driving down
ski slopes).  You have sufficient.  What matters is the grip between the
tyres and the road surface (the co-efficient of friction) and it is this
interface where your braking distances alter.  Given the same weight
transfer any distance reduction  has nothing whatsoever to do with the brake
type.

Guy R Day