[Healeys] Continued BN6 Electrical Struggles

john close f9cougar at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 28 13:06:43 MST 2009

Hello Listers - it's me, back to pester you with my brake light issues. A
little review: had working rear solenoid/3rd brake light hookup. Healey
returned from body shop with solenoid removed and rear lights dysfunctional.
Some of the labels with which I had identifed connections are gone. I'm trying
to put it right. Have brought rear solenoid back into the fray. Here's what's
happening now;

1. All 3 brake lights work in all 3 positions of the lighting switch.

2. With lights off. instrument lights and front side lights illuminate when
the brake lights do.

3. With lighting switch 1/2 way out, front sidelights illuminate but rears do
not.

Please help. Dyin' over here. - Thanks - JRC