[Healeys] new BJ8 calipers

Freese, Ken Kendall.Freese at Aerojet.com
Sat Nov 28 10:35:58 MST 2009

Jack,
I want to get the car back on the road quickly and as I calculate the
difference in price will be about $100. Not hardly worth my time to clean and
paint the old calipers, let alone the piston/boot agravation. Been there, done
that (20 years ago!).
Ken

________________________________

From: Jaap Aeckerlin [mailto:j.aeckerlin at gmail.com]
Sent: Sat 11/28/2009 12:25 AM
To: Freese, Ken; Healey forum
Subject: Re: [Healeys] new BJ8 calipers

Ken, there are only two places where brake fluid can leak out of a caliper:
either the piston seals or the O-ring between  both halves. For both cases one
can get replacement parts, much much cheaper than new calipers. Or do you
print your own Dollar bills?
regards,
Jack Aeckerlin, The Netherlands
1964 BJ8 29432