[Healeys] YOM plates for california

robertduquette at sympatico.ca robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Fri Nov 27 06:51:53 MST 2009

Hopefully, you'll excuse me for this ...

Said in my best Groucho voice:

So, if California defaults, does that mean there's less danger of it falling
into the ocean?  :)

On a related note, I found this to be scary:

http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2009/11/27/world-markets-fall.html

Dubai, the country where everyone is rich, is about to default on $60 billion
US.  Strangely, announcing that they're about to default, means they owe less
as that devalued the US dollar.  But, the price of oil also dropped, so they
most likely are less able to pay.  The Yen gained strength over the dollar
which is not what they want because it hurts their exporting ability.  My
brain hurts!  Thank goodness I don't have money to invest.  :)

Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada
1965 RHD BRG Austin-Healey Sprite ( project )
1967 RHD MG Midget ( aka: Miss Marple )
1955 Austin-Healey 100 BN1 ( aka: Carmen )

> From: rdavies1 at cox.net
>
> You're probably right. I did say it was illegal :-(
>
> Ron
>
> PS not only do have no money, we are about to default.
>
> _____
>
> From: Curt/Nancy Arndt [mailto:cnaarndt at gmail.com]
>
> Ron,
>
> Maybe the local California cops but NOT the CHP (California Highway
Patrol.)