[Healeys] YOM plates for california

Richard Kahn tahoehealey at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 25 16:17:56 MST 2009

Well, the latest in the endeavor to get the black plates on my 64 Healey is
that they gave me the registration and stickers but now  are telling me they
are rescinding that. I have the registration that they say is not valid and
not in the DMV files. The problem is that I cannot prove that the first
sticker is a 1964 sticker under the pile of stickers on the plate. Since I
gave them my white plates, the will have to re manufacture them.  And one
wounders why governments are loosing money. This has been going on since July
with 5 separate visits to the DMV . Has any one been successful in getting the
YOM plates registered? There was a post awhile ago that listed the letters by
year. Can any one help me re find that information?
Thanks
Rich Kahn