[Healeys] BJ8 Transmission

PG britishcars at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 23 15:22:31 MST 2009

The Brass Thrust Washers are a weak point in the OD and are often
broken....however, not sure if that would cause the noise.

My transmission had a broken brass ring but did not have the rattling noise.

What Gear does it rattle in?

I wonder if the brass fork is worn such that it does not fully engage?

Does it ever pop out of gear?