[Healeys] Engine Rebuild

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sat Nov 21 09:00:36 MST 2009

Joe, I went through a similar process on my 100 rebuild, the liners were
pitted, and my options were to go .060" over or get the block sleeved to
stock, in fact I had already purchased the sleaves.  My machinist who I came
to trust suggested the would be the better choice and I went that route, I
could only find pistons from England, but I do not believe they were DW, but
one of the major Healey suppliers over there, they were 8.5/1 pistons. if
you want the name of the supplier I may stlll be able to dig it up.

I had my cam reground to M spec by Delta Cams, who also resurfaced my
lifters, but if you prefer new all I will add is that the M spec cam is not
at all radical and has a smooth idle and does not detract from the low end
torquey character of the motor, and I used this set up with the stock carbs
and intake set-up as it sounds like you may be considering (?).

Good Luck

Greg Lemon