[Healeys] BJ-8 Trunk Latch

pennell at cox.net pennell at cox.net
Tue Nov 17 16:05:22 MST 2009

Kathy,

Not quite sure what you mean that the latch just turns.  But as for removing the latch I don't have any idea how it can be done from the outside.  It sounds like you will have to take some more severe measures.

One choice is to drive the pins out of the hinges.  This would need be done with care so as not to damage paint and do minimal harm to the hinges.

Second would be to drill out the lock on the latch itself.  That should free up the handle to turn the latch inside.

BTW  I do have hinges and latch if you need them.

Keith Pennell