[Healeys] Bonnet/Hood Latch position

Alan Bromfield bluehealey at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 17 14:04:40 MST 2009

Team.
I have done my penance and searched the archive for a post that featured not
so long ago.  As usual I came up empty and therefore seek your guidance. The
bonnet latching mechanism is mounted on a bracket held with two screws to
the front panel at the top of the cross-brace.  During the chassis
restoration of my BN4 the top panel was replaced and it doesn't have the
holes or captive nuts in place to fix the bracket to.  Can someone advise
(remind me) how far down the screw holes should be?

Many thanks