[Healeys] Exhaust Hanger replacement

Steve Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Sat Nov 14 17:25:27 MST 2009

Today I on returning from Early Rodders Cruise-In I noticed my exhaust
system was nearly on the ground - all the bonded rubber exhaust hangers had
separated except the one by the rear axle. The metal plates had come neatly
un-bonded from the rubber blocks. The rubber itself is in good condition,
but whatever the glue is they use has let go. I'm surprised my Monza exhaust
didn't fall on the ground.

Checking my records, I bought these new in May 2004. They lasted 5-1/2
years.

Does anyone know if there's a superior replacement available for these? A
google search didn't turn up anything.

If I have to buy Moss replacements, guess I'll drill each for a check-screw
so at least my exhaust won't fall off the car on the highway.

--

Steve Gerow

Pasadena, CA, USA

BN6