[Healeys] BJ8 Ivory White, was RE: 100-4 Spruce

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Fri Nov 13 11:14:24 MST 2009

FWIW, up until a few years ago I thought my first 66 E was OEW and proceeded to tell everyone it was.  Then, I learned it was called "cream".  Could that mean that OEW was a term coined by us, or was it a real original color?

tom

---- BJ8 Healeys <sbyers at ec.rr.com> wrote:

=============
Bob, I don't have the Pikovnic book, but apparently the records held by
BMIHT say the BJ8 color was called Ivory White.  Of the 660 BMIHT
certificates I have for BJ8s, 111 of them are for original white cars, plus
15 others for white as one of the duo-tone colors.  All of them call the
color "Ivory White".

I hear lots of folks say their BJ8 is "Old English White".  Until I see a
certificate from BMIHT that gives that color name, then my opinion is that
Old English White technically is not the correct name for the BJ8 color,
although Old English White and Ivory White might come out of the same can.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA