[Healeys] Ivory White vs OEW

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Nov 13 10:12:13 MST 2009

IIRC--the book's at home--Pikovnic lists two whites for BN1s and BN2s: OEW and Ivory (Pale or White I don't recall--think Pale). I'll check tonight, but I believe they were different color codes (the paint chips were perceptibly different).

So, the answer is: there were two 'whites' for the 100s, and one--known either as OE or Ivory--for the 6-cyl cars?

bs

--------------------------------
Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

Fellow Listers,

Let's not make this harder than it is.

White six-cylinder cars are listed as Ivory White. However from the Concours Guidelines, 2008 edition, page 117 under 6-cylinder Cars...

- Ivory White and Old English White, though different color names, all were the same WT.3 paint code.

Also from Don Pikovnik's book "Austin Healey Guide to Historic Colors."

Old English White - WT.03
ICI - 2379
aka "Ivory"

OK, one more time.. AKA "IVORY"

And for those who are still confused aka means - also known as.

THEREFORE...for all intents and purposes it says Ivory White (is listed as the color name for our cars) but is in fact Old English White.

My apologies to Wm. Shakespeare - "A white Austin Healey by any other name will still be Olde English White."

This horse is DEAD.

Cheers ;-)

Curt