[Healeys] Rocker arm assembly

edic edic at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Nov 12 10:37:23 MST 2009

Ric,

One thing you need to be very, very careful of, that you do not strip the
rocker pedestal, the one with the tapped hole for the oil feed, by over
tightening the banjo bolt. It is easy to do and I did it. The banjo bolt
screws into the soft aluminum pedestal so be very careful.

I have a specification sheet that says the rocker shaft bracket nuts are to
be torqued 25 - 27 foot pounds. If you have Norman Nock's Tech Talk book,
which I have found to be invaluable, he addresses rebuilding the rocker
shaft.

I hope this helps you as I assume more knowledgeable healyites will be
offering advice.

As a note, when I stripped my pedestal I sent off to A-H Spares and bought a
new one with 2 new banjo washers. The pedestal now cost $20.78 US dollars
and the washers are .73 each (at todays exchange rate) plus shipping. I am
not affiliated with that outfit just a satisfied customer.

Mel Brunet

HBJ8L/39749