[Healeys] AM Radio

Jack Feldman qualitas.jack at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 08:17:26 MST 2009

Did I mess something in the thread? Panasonic?

The manufacturers leaned early on that it was easier to source radios in the
US than ship them and pay taxes.I have seen a number of radios, and the
primary manufacturers, the ones that put the logo or BMC designation on them
were either Motorola or Automatic Electric.

That didn't mean that a number of after market radios wouldn't fit. Most had
a way to move the shafts to fit the car opening, although the ones that
could reverse polarity were usually designed for the British car market, and
probably either of the above.

Try and find a model number, return to Sams, and forget searching BMC, or
any British car name.

If you are desperate, there are a number of places that advertise in
Hemmings that will fix the radio, but at great cost.

Jack