[Healeys] E bay... M-Models

ATIGHTPROD at aol.com ATIGHTPROD at aol.com
Tue Nov 10 08:08:31 MST 2009

Just to add in my two cents about the "M" models, I guess I own the
earliest M of all. According to my Body Production Card, Form 141, C.A.B. Serial
#146497(hand written in), my car is actually a B.M.1.,  H.P. of 16, Body No.
598(hand written in), Body Type,  HEALEY SPORTS.
    It's build date is 29 October 1953. I'm sure the  B.M.1. is a typo on
the card, but I I guess that make it an M non the  less.

Steven Kingsbury
BM1 #598

In a message dated 11/10/2009 5:24:48 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
kentmclean at comcast.net writes:

Patrick  Quinn wrote:
> I just have to keep reminding you blokes that the cars  you own are not
"REAL
> Healeys", they are Austin-Healeys.
>
> While the Austin-Healey 100 is most certainly the purest to the  original
> design it is still an Austin-Healey.

But for one  brief, shining moment, the car stood on a stand at Earl's
Court in
1952 as  a Healey 100 -- no hyphen, no Austin. Then Leonard Lord got to
DMH, and
it  became an Austin-Healey. So the Healey 100, at least that one example,
is a
"REAL Healey". The thousands that followed are Austin-Healeys. I have one
of the
rare non-M models. :)

--
Kent McLean