[Healeys] Silicone DOT5 brakefluid for the 100

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 18:56:24 MST 2009

Hi Greg -

Water is normal in the brake system, and Dot 5 floats on water, which means
any air humidity or condensation will eventually sink to the bottom of your
brakes over time.  Probably not much of a risk if you use your car all the
time, but probably would be smart to do a partial bleed of brakes every
couple of years to purge the system of any potential low sitting water.

Dot 3/4 absorbs water, so it's less of an issue from the corrosion
standpoint, well atleast if your fluid isn't too old.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'59 Jag Mk IX