[Healeys] Silicone DOT5 brakefluid for the 100

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Mon Nov 9 14:33:07 MST 2009

It is something that everyone should know. Ask producers and restorers.
Google. I am sure that there are proper research results somewhere. I do
not need them as I have seen it happen several times.
It may be that people who claim to have had no advers results have used
DOT5.1 (a polyalcyleen glycol aether) and not DOT5 (a silicon fluid),
two entirely different and incompatible fluids. DOT5.1 is compatible
with DOT4 but has similar higher specs (dry and wet boiling points) as DOT5.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL