[Healeys] 100M on ebay?

Awgertoo at aol.com Awgertoo at aol.com
Sat Nov 7 09:04:02 MST 2009

In a message dated 11/7/2009 5:03:11 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
ah at jharper.demon.co.uk writes:

Obviously I have to disagree with your view. A car that had  received the
personal attention of Donald must be of more interest than a  BN2 that
has been modified in recent  years.

Another interesting tidbit/point of view regarding the "M" cars that
received this "special" treatment that might put things into perspective is to
imagine a conversation such as this between DMH and Bic:

With the decision having been made to bring out the 100-6 the marketing
question Donald faced might be stated:  "How the Heck am I  going to get rid
of these darn 640 four-cylinder cars????  Surely  no one will want to buy
last year's model!"

And then Bic said "Hey Dad I got a great idea--let's make them  into a
special model, put on some jazzy stuff like a leather hood strap and  louvers,
raise the HP a few by using a different piston and cam, and let's  be sure to
put on one of those Cold Air Boxes that everyone is convinced  is the hot
lick.  We may not make any extra money but at least we  won't be stuck with
those cars."

And thus was born the much-vaunted 100M....

Best--Michael Oritt
(NOT a Healey revisionist-historian, but one willing to engage in  logical
speculation)