[Healeys] step 1 project restore the beast

I Erbs eyera3 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 18:14:27 MST 2009

Thanks to those who have REPLIED WITH WARNINGS AND SUPPORT.

We got the car off the ground, removed the aluminum cover plates on the door
opening. A bit of rust at the bottom of striker panel and the end of the
bottom sill where they meet.
driver side rear fender dogleg bottom bottom of driver side front fender,
rust does not seem to have penetrated the frame sections.
Passenger side (sorry LHD car) less on rear dogleg, but more on front
fender. small area on striker panel bottom. Kilmartin products will fix
fenders, the sill and striker panels should be able to be repaired  without
replacement.   Norm Nock says he has the rubber bits and I will source the
Kilmartin parts from him as well. Will try to call tomorrow.
The rusted floorboards and trunk bottom have already been repaired.  I need
to source an interior kit minus front seats and carpets, any ideas out
there? Black with black piping on rear seats.
I am so excited!!! I have waited 35 years to finish my car. All
mechanicals/suspension parts have been rebuilt or replaced.

cheers,
will post photos as they come

--
I Erbs