[Healeys] 100 Engine rebuild

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 18:54:13 MST 2009

Tadek -

Awesome, nicely done.  Can't wait to see the H6 carbs on that motor :).  It
would be interesting to see what sort of power you will get out of that
car.  At 2.6 liters, with a little bit of intelligence getting it up to 150
hp seems possible.

I was going to go that route with my BN1 but when I decided I wanted to keep
it original with the three speed, I realized that uprating the motor on my
car would be a waste of time.

With your BN2 and the four speed box, this should be great.  I know you've
balanced the crank and flywheel, but I still think shaving about 7-10 kilos
off the flywheel is probably a good idea.  Your BN2 is quite light so it
doesn't need all that weight.  For my A90, however, it's different story!

One small note - be sure to clean the overpaint off the surfaces where
gaskets will mate to the block.  If not, the gaskets, no matter how they are
treated, will likely leak over time.

Been driving my Jag Mk IX for the last few months.  Lovely car, fast &
THIRSTY!

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1