[Healeys] Truth or Fiction in Car Storage

Mark LaPierre lapierrem at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 3 19:11:00 MST 2009

I have been storing my MGB-GT at the old Studebaker car plant for many years
with moth balls.
The care taker informed me last time that I restoked my moth balls that most
of the owners were
using dryer sheets cause the smell of the moth balls lingers for a long time
in the carpet and seats
after the car is out of storage.    The dryer sheets repel the rodents and
give the car a much more
pleasant smell after storage.    Also it is advised not to put any scented
item directly on carpet ,seats
dashes etc.  cause the smell inbeds itself in the material .   Use a cup or
something similar.

Mark