[Healeys] Truth or Fiction in Car Storage

Awgertoo at aol.com Awgertoo at aol.com
Tue Nov 3 09:25:34 MST 2009

A lot depends on where we store our cars and what the surroundings are
like.  Before we sold our farm I had a small unheated building in  which I kept
my 100 for the winter--wrapped in a breathable cover to keep  out moisture,
etc and I found definite evidence (droppings, chewed up  newspaper, etc)
that the critters were definitely looking for warm places  to lay their heads
for the winter, so I used mothballs, etc.

Now I have the luxury of keeping my car in a heated  garage without having
to cover it, so  I do not plan to use  anything.

BTW I live in MD and we have plenty of moderate  winter days here so I
always try to take the car for a ride at least  once a month to get things
warmed up, etc, just so long as the salt has been  washed off the streets from
the last storm if any.

Best--Michael Oritt