[Healeys] Great Pedal - No Stop!

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Mon Nov 2 05:48:27 MST 2009

What you said seems contradictory to me.  If the shoes are too small for the drums, how will they ever fit?
---- Don Hardie <healeynut at hotmail.com> wrote:

=============
Sounds like you have put standard size shoes into oversize drums and you're
only getting contact on a very small area of the shoes. It could take some
time to wear them down to get full contact. You might have to get them relined
again to the size of the drums.

Don Hardie
BN1
OZ

> From: Patrick.Quinn at det.nsw.edu.au
> To: healeys at autox.team.net
> Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 11:04:36 +1100
> Subject: [Healeys] Great Pedal - No Stop!
>
> G'day
>
> Here is something to exercise your collective minds around.
>
> Recently fitted new brake linings to the front of the BN3/1. The car is
fitted
> with Austin sedan front suspension and drum brakes. It is not power
boosted.

> I previously enjoyed good brakes, but as the linings were delaminating from
> the shoes I thought it best to fit new linings.
>
> The shoes were fitted and adjusted without a problem. There was a slight
> rubbing after the drums were refitted. I did not have the linings/drums
> skimmed to suit.
>
> I went out yesterday and clearly had forgotten to take my proton pill as it
> needed the pushing power of ten blokes to pull the bloody thing up.
>
> So what's the problem? Should I have the shoes skimmed to suit the drums
and
> just wait until they ride up with wear?
>
> Hoo Roo
>
> Patrick Quinn
> Sydney, Australia

> privileged information or confidential information or both. If you
> are not the intended recipient please delete it and notify the sender.
>
> You are subscribed as healeynut at hotmail.com
>
> http://www.team.net/archive

Use Messenger in your Hotmail inbox Find out how here
http://windowslive.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=823454
Healeys at autox.team.net