[Healeys] Great Pedal - No Stop!

Quinn, Patrick Patrick.Quinn at det.nsw.edu.au
Sun Nov 1 17:04:36 MST 2009

G'day

Here is something to exercise your collective minds around.

Recently fitted new brake linings to the front of the BN3/1. The car is fitted
with Austin sedan front suspension and drum brakes. It is not power boosted.

I previously enjoyed good brakes, but as the linings were delaminating from
the shoes I thought it best to fit new linings.

The shoes were fitted and adjusted without a problem. There was a slight
rubbing after the drums were refitted. I did not have the linings/drums
skimmed to suit.

I went out yesterday and clearly had forgotten to take my proton pill as it
needed the pushing power of ten blokes to pull the bloody thing up.

So what's the problem? Should I have the shoes skimmed to suit the drums and
just wait until they ride up with wear?

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia