[Healeys] No Healey Content: 24 Hrs of World Air Traffic

Bob Johnson bjsbj8 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 11:59:08 MST 2009

 This is just interesting, since we are a rather international group. Note
the one lone flight from Perth, I think, to the east coast of Africa. Is
that JNB? Link at bottom.

Bob Johnson
BJ8

  *Be sure to view on full screen!!** ***

WORLD AIR TRAFFIC 0-24 HRS..VIEW FROM SATELLITE

THIS IS MOST AMAZING.... ENJOY.

You won't believe thisThe yellow dots are airplanes in the sky during  a 24
hour period.

Stay with the picture. You will see the light of the day moving from the
east to the west, as the Earth spins on its axis.

Also you will see the aircraft flow of traffic leaving the North American
continent and travelling at night to arrive in the UK in the morning. Then
you will see the flow  changing, leaving the UK in the morning and flying to
the American continent in daylight.

It is a 24 hour observation of all of the large aircraft flights in the
world, condensed down to about 2 minutes. From space we look like a bee hive
of activity.

You could tell it was summer time in the north by the sun's foot print over
the planet. You could see that it didn't quite set in the extreme north and
it didn't quite rise in the extreme south.

I have never seen this before. We are taught about the earth's tilt and how
it causes summer and winter and have had to imagine just what is going on.

With this 24 hour observation of aircraft travel on the earth's surface we
get to see the daylight pattern move as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1US_4uf4YE