[Healeys] SU Pumps Bad Rap (was No Power)

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Sun May 31 12:22:35 MDT 2009

Rich

You might be interested to hear that Burlen have provided revised
settings in line with what you have found. As you say the original
setting did not allow reliable throw over.

I produced a test rig some time ago; similar to those on the workshop
manual where I pumped paraffin of kerosene as you might call it. I had a
pump that let me down after a long run and then got better after a rest.
I traced this using the rig to the body of the pump heating up, after
many hours running, where the throw over mechanism just stopped working.
I then revised my set up procedure as you have but it was some years
later that a colleague brought the Burlen note to my attention.

Regards

--
John Harper