[Healeys] No Power

Steve stevesylvia2 at comcast.net
Sat May 30 16:32:11 MDT 2009

Hi all,
            Well I gave the old girl her first test drive today and what
pick up!  Before I began to drive I let the engine get good and warm but
after a couple of minutes of driving, all of a sudden there's no power
and acts like it wants to stall.  I've got the timing around 5 degrees.
I didn't rebuild the engine because the compression test was good so I
just replaced all the electrials and gaskets.  I also didn't rebuild the
carbs.  I'm wondering if the carbs need adjustment.  When I give the
gas, you can hear the air sucking in through the air filters a bit too
long before the engine revs.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve Meyer
61 BN7