[Healeys] Stripped Nut on the Shock Mount

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed May 27 12:23:26 MDT 2009

I've used thread inserts successfully (helicoil, etc.). It's a standard 3/8x24 ("fine") thread--which might be a little less common than "coarse"--but my favorite local parts house was able to order a kit for me. Works a treat.

If it's one of the inboard nuts you might need a right-angle drill attachment and/or a stubby drill bit to avoid the inside of the fender well.

Bob